1. The Book Of JOB in the OT, La Bible de Jerusalem preferably
There was once a man in the land of Uz & the final word was with Yahweh.
2. A Season in Hell by Arthur Rimbaud
Emotion, Images, Hallucinations, a soul in torture on the spiritual path to….
3. Tristessa by Jack Kerouac
Nothing like junky romance in the fellaheen streets.
4. Junky by William S. Burroughs
More Junk…Junk Sick..Junk….
5. Factotum by Charles Bukowski
& yes, by the sweat of your brow….
6. Down And Out In Paris And London by George Orwell
Spend a night with the tramps in the ‘spike.’
7. Really The Blues by Mezz Mezzrow
take a rapid ride on the jazz train to…..
8. Ask the Dust by John Fante
Be a writer…The Gamble for a Lifetime…
& more… (tie – Let’s Break The Rules) (Books by some new ones….)
Rope Burns by F.X. Toole…Get this book.
Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich…Get this book.
Doghouse Roses: Stories by Steve Earle….Get this book….
Carp Fishing on Valium by Graham Parker…Get this book…
Want to turn others onto your favorite books? Submit your list here!