1. The Complete Fiction by Bruno Schulz
As close to a dream as writing can get.
2. Cages by Dave McKean
The safety of illusions, the golden cage of lost hopes. McKean is the Stanley Kubrick of his medium.
3. Dr. Sax by Jack Kerouac
Kerouac´s highest high.
4. Beneath the Wheel by Hermann Hesse
Moved me in many ways. Still does, always will.
5. Woodcutters by Thomas Bernhard
6. What Is Time?: The Classic Account of the Nature of Time by G.J. Whitrow
7. The Aleph and Other Stories by Jorge Louis Borges
“I can’t see Borges anywhere!” (Donald Cammell)
8. Dreams and Dead Ends: The American Gangster Film by Jack Shadoian
The American Gangster/Crime genre from Shadoian´s POV: Poetic, essential, passionate.
9. London Fields by Martin Amis
10. Panegyric by Guy Debord
The society of the spectacle couldn’t make it here!
Want to turn others onto your favorite books? Submit your list here!