Amy Quinton writes to us, “It is with deepest sorrow and regret that I have to tell you that my husband, James D Quinton, took his own life on 6 September 2012.”
James was a British poet & fiction writer, as well as the editor of Open Wide Magazine.
His works appeared in many poetry journals and online literary magazines. He was the author of two poetry collections, and two novels.
- Street Psalms (poetry 2001-07)
- The City Is On Fire And Has Been For Weeks (poetry & stories)
- The Victorian Time Traveller (novel)
- Touch (novel)
Here are some links to his poems online:
- This One is the Nail in the Coffin
- three poems
- two poems
- schoolgirls look more like porn stars these days
- A Mad Man Spitting at the Sky
- the devil went down to Mississippi
- hell is other people
- our dreams suffocated by the light emitted by the late night television screen
And here’s a recent interview with Fox Chase Review:
“Eternity Burns” short film, written by James D Quinton:
If you have thoughts about, or memories of James D Quinton you’d like to share on this page, please get in touch with Denise, or leave a comment below.