May 31, 2019 marks the 200th birthday of poetic great Walt Whitman.
To commemorate the occasion, EM presents four essays and a selection of poems.
- Frenchness Versus Frenchiness: Laforgue’s Translations and the “Wordly” Estate of Whitman by Carla Sofia Ferreira
- Visionary Markings: Em Dashes and Ellipses in Walt Whitman’s “Talbot Wilson” Notebook by Tom Holmes
- “Only the Lull I Like”: Walt Whitman’s Image of Silence by Andrew Field
- Walt Whitman and Allen Ginsberg: A Story of Influences by Alexandre Ferrere
- Free Speech Cantos by Michael Ceraolo
- Four poems by Walt Whitman
Happy Birthday, Walt!